Roshann.my

Serve to Lead

Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. :)

The pic above is my workdesk. I'm currently employed by PPG as a purchaser. For those who didn't know, purchasers purchase on behalf of the company. In simpler terms, we do the shopping for the company's needs. It's the link between a company and it's suppliers. And the best part is, I work only from 8.00am - 4.30pm and have 3 breaks in between. ;p
Next up, tattoo; a permanent picture, design, or other marking made on the skin by pricking it and staining it with an indelible dye. It's a awesome process honestly. You get into the tattoo parlour. You either bring your own design or choose one of the thousands that have been predesigned, and he traces it using a carbon paper. Then, he rubs alcohol on your designated tattoo area and shaves it. Next, he applies a special type of glue on the area and puts the traced design on the glue, applies some pressure and voila, the design has now been transferred to you. Then, he uses an electric tattoo machine (that's what its really called ;p) to draw it. And after a few minutes which might feel like the longest and most painful ones you've ever been through, you'll have your tattoo. It hurts so bad, but feels so good. You'll definitely feel awesome.
That's Haridass' tribal one. It looks even better when you see the real thing honestly.

This is the design that was initially transfered to me.

To avoid misintrepretations of the design, it's an infuriated lion. Cut the long story short, in the heart of every brave man, sleeps a lion. Some say getting a tattoo is like a continuous ant bite. Sadly, thats a lie. It's actually a lot more agonizing than that. I gotta go "Hakuna Matata" with Timon & Pumba now. :)

8 comments:

  1. Ola nuffnanger!

    I've got a tatoo myself. It tell's the message of "Fly like a butterfly Sting like a bee".

    Hahaha I like your lion one (colour tattoos always appeal to me more) but the tribal one is pretty awesome too.

    Just wonderin' though, is there any meaning to the tribal design? I suppose tribal tattoos were gotten by natives to invoke various spirits to possess them for stregnth/wisdom etc. etc. So what's yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I got a tattoo too!
    It's a heartbeat and a broken heart in the middle.
    Beginning it was real pain but after awhile it got kind of numb.
    What i did was i full blast my ipod and keep telling myself that i can bear the pain.

    And next week i am gonna go get my 2nd tattoo. A crown at my INSTEP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyren:
    Thank you. Well, my friend got the tribal one as he was inspired by the wrestler Randy Orton. He has one similar to this. He actually did it with the purpose of adding art to his body. There was no specific purpose or meaning that I know of currently.

    Crytal:
    Well, no pain no gain right? :) To quote my post, "It hurts so bad, but feels so good." Good luck with your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! tattoo looks cool! esp the lion one... lol... ill never try it tho... heheh.. call me chicken or anything ur heart pleases...im afraid of needles n anything sharp ( and im gonna study medicine! Lol )

    btw, i updated my blog after like3 months! Lol.. check it out kay...?? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dangggggg...just another 4 months till mine comes.!!!!weeeeehooooooooo.nice one though:)looks painful.zzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh cant wait to touch up mine. urs look pretty gud. wat made u do the back piece?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Your feedback is appreciated.....

Bottom Ad [Post Page]